Unbound started with a clear mission: to mobilize the Church and activate local communities to fight human trafficking. We believe everyone has a part to play in the fight against human trafficking. We keep a small paid staff for organizational leadership, program administration, and victim response, but we are dependent on volunteers to make an impact in our community.
There are countless ways individuals can play their part in fighting human trafficking. Whether it’s donating toward the fight, speaking about human trafficking in the community, volunteering at the local juvenile detention center, or using your occupation to make an impact, each action we take matters.
We have a variety of opportunities dependent on availability, commitment level, interest and skills. Please carefully read through this list to determine which opportunity may be a good fit for you on each of these levels.
Fill out the below application if any of the volunteer opportunities to the left interest you, and we will follow up with you shortly on how to get join the team!
We onboard volunteers for our Juvenile Justice Center Outreach, Brazos County Women’s Re-Entry Program, and our Training Team once in the Fall and once in the Spring.
Our fall semester onboarding process has passed. Our spring semester onboarding process will kick off in January.
Higher Training & Time Requirements
Prevention & Outreach
1. Juvenile Justice Center Outreach - This team works with at-risk youth in the Brazos County Juvenile Justice Center. The JJC team will interact with youth in the juvenile detention center every other Saturday morning from 8 until 10:30 AM to educate students about human trafficking, healthy relationships as well as identify current victims.
Onboarding: Attending our youth prevention training, pass a background check, go through online Unbound curriculum, complete PREA training at the JJC, complete fingerprinting
Requirements: 18 +, female, passion for youth, 1 year commitment
2. Brazos County Women’s Re-Entry Program - This team will engage women enrolled in the Brazos Valley’s Detention Center Re-Entry Program. We will educate these women on the vulnerabilities of human trafficking and empower them to make safe decisions.
Onboarding: Attending our prevention training, pass a background check, go through online Unbound curriculum, complete PREA training at detention center
Requirements: 18 +, female, passion for at-risk populations, 1 year commitment
1. Community Trainings - This team will be trained and equipped to provide general human trafficking 101 trainings on behalf of Unbound BCS. This is the main starting point for those who want to be on the training team. Community trainings take place at places like Rotary Clubs, neighborhood associations, Texas A&M organizations, Blinn organizations and churches.
Onboarding: Attend our training team meeting, pass background check, go through Unbound online curriculum, memorize presentation materials, mock presentation checkoff with staff, co-presentation with existing team member, review feedback
Requirements: 18 +, 1 year commitment, strong communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, ability to conduct oneself professionally
2. Professional Trainings - This team presents discipline specific trainings to empower those with unique spheres of influence on how they can combat human trafficking. This team presents to nurses, doctors, teachers, law enforcement, CPS workers, military professionals and more.
Onboarding: Same as community team with additional training for specific discipline
Requirement: Same as community team, but must have some level of exposure or experience in the certain discipline
3. School Trainings - This team presents in school settings often to entire faculties and student bodies. These presentations focus on youth prevention and empowering staff to recognize current victims.
Onboarding: Same as community team with additional training for school
Requirements: Invitation only after serving in the above teams
Lower Training & Time Requirements
Prayer Team - Attend monthly prayer meetings on the 2nd Friday of every month from 7 to 8 PM at Antioch Community Church and commit to praying independently
Events Team - Stay on the list of people on-call to help make events like our annual Night of Hope banquet happen
Administration Assistance - Help our office make copies, research topics, prepare mailings and more
Fundraising Team - Become an Ignite Partner by giving $25 a month or more, organize fundraisers or create partnerships with your workplace
Custom - The “catch-all” volunteer role, tailored to where your interests, skills or availability meet the needs of Unbound
Not In My City Outreach: Participate in our annual “Not In My City” outreach October 19, 2019 - reaching local business with trafficking awareness and victim resources.